Tuesday, December 09, 2008

Much Better Day

Sunday went much better with me making the front group putting in a little attack and ending up 5th.  I also laid it down out there which was not so nice.  Todd ended up 2nd on the day with a much better ride also.  We think we have it figured out how to make sure we are ready for sunday and don't have another day like this past saturday.  It sucked having to deal with all the clean up after the race.  Nothing like doing some laundry in the shower after your race.  Sunday night ended up being a fun night.  Alison came down and watched the race and hung out.  We had a large crew including Mcduff, Jpows, Timmy J, Treefarm, Kira, Salam, Simon, The Jacques-Maynes, and Meredith.  We went to Treefarms favorite place in portland Dante's.  It is crazy their you see some stuff you definitely don't see everyday thats all im going to say.  It was alot of fun for everyone including powers even though at first he wasn't really feeling it.

Todd and I flew out around 11 on monday got back to dtown by 5.  It was nice here today with the temp only getting up to maybe 45 but the sun was out which always means alot here in colorado.  I'm currently hoping for the weather to turn for natz in kansas.  The forecast has been changing almost everyday.  If it could just rain or snow sunday that would be perfect for me i think.

1 Comments:

At 10:04 PM , Blogger Pat Malach said...

Whew! Dante's. I hope you had fun.

I used to work just down the block at Cap'n Ankeny's Well.

When I was a messenger we used to call that corner (3rd and Ash) "The Bermuda Triangle" -- with so many bars in such close proximity, strange things happened and people were known to disappear for long, extended periods.

Once I had to throw out of Ankeny's a 6'5" drunken balloon artist dressed like a clown. There were just two of us working and we were swamped. I looked up and this clown was trying to start a fight with the guy next to him at the bar. When I tried to convince him that it was time to go, he hit me in the face three times. I bum rushed him out the front door, and tossed him over the bike rack, which bent the front rim on my work bike (for the day job).

Freakin' clowns.

Anyway, great races this weekend.

It's always interesting to read your views on the racing and to get a brief glimpse into life on the elite circuit.

Thanks.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home